Translate

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Ladderback Chair Makeover

Hi everyone,
It's been a while since I posted a painting project so here's a little chair makeover I just finished.

I had so much fun with the Distressed Coffee Table a few weeks ago I decided to experiment with the same technique on a chair.

Here's a before shot. 
I painted each rung a different color and added black accents. 
This is the first layer or color. 
I waxed the first layer of paint and then added a second coat in a similar color. 

When the paint dried I scraped the wax and excess paint off.
Then I lightly sanded. I also painted the woven seat black.  
Last came a light coat of Minwax Polyshades in American Chestnut.
 I then wiped off the excess stain.  I added stain to the seat of the chair as well. 
And here's the finished chair. 
We have many more projects to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment