Translate

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Reveal!


 Here are the promised pictures of my Annie Sloan chalk paint reveal. I had two pieces of children's furniture that were cute, but needed some personality. Who better to assist with that than the famous Annie Sloan.

I had read countless blogs praising chalk paint, but this brand especially. I tested it out to find out if all the hype was valid. I have to say while expensive, Annie Sloan did live up to all of it's fame. It was great coverage, easy to distress, and looks great when waxed.

Here's the transformation of these pieces.
This message brought to you by Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. 

Remember this guy? Cute, but boring


After a coat of blue latex on the outside and white chalk paint on the inside.
I actually distressed both paint the same way. I took a damp cloth and wiped paint away before the paint was completely dry. 

Here's a close-up of the overlapping paint.  After I wiped the areas where I wanted wood to show I wiped oak stain on. Then I finished off the distressing job with Minwax Paste finishing wax and buffed.


Here's the little rocker. I used two coats of Antique White and then wiped away areas that would have wear and tear naturally. Again Minwax Paste Finishing Wax came next. I let it dry for 20 minutes and then buffed to a nice sheen. 



It can be yours for $49
I love how this little one turned out!
$75 
Not bad for my first time. Even though I did enjoy the Annie Sloan paint, the price tag is still a little rich for my taste. So my next experiment will be to blend my own chalk paint. 

More to come on that later...


No comments:

Post a Comment